Monday, August 4, 2008

Random Post -- Monday Again

Another week and another Monday. I'm starting to realize why Garfield always goes "I HATE MONDAYs". You are still stuck in weekend mode and nothing happens the way it should. Here I am, still revelling in the awesomeness that was the Dark Knight that I watched again yesterday. Sitting in the third row in the IMAX was incredible and I appreciated the visuals even MORE than I did the first time. Add to that the fact that I got up a little before noon and you have a normal college student's weekend day. Unfortunately, the weekend ended as of yesterday and the growing threat of the upcoming Monday was felt when I had to iron formals to wear for today (all while grumbling about how I hated formals).

It started off when my alarm went off at the unearthly hour of 6am. I wanted to put it on snooze a million times because as anyone would tell you, you just want to keep sleeping like you did over the weekend. Then I forced myself to wake up because I realized that I just had 10 minutes left to leave for work and so, as anyone does when they're supremely and positively late, u end up rushing through all your daily morning rituals and even before you are fully awake you are in your car heading off to work.

I don't drive so I'm carpooling with someone who works at the same place as I do and quite frankly, especially on a Monday morning, I'd prefer to be driving. There I am, sitting in the passenger seat, with nothing to do but listen to the radio and slowly, I feel my eyes go out of focus. I'll be looking into the distance when things start to blur and then i start going cross eyed as i start seeing double just before I end up unintentionally and blissfully asleep again. Only to wake up in 5 minutes because the part of my mind that is awake (I never thought any part of me would be awake) makes me feel guilty that I'm getting this guy to drive and I'm sitting next to him and sleeping (almost like he's a chauffeur). So I shake my head and wake up, try to strike up conversation. But, when the conversation slows down again, my eyes start going out of focus again and before I know it, I've repeated this whole process over and over for the entire hour or so that it takes me to get to work. And as an after thought, thank god I'm not driving because in a state like this I'd probably be a threat to everyone on the road.

So after an hour and ten minutes of sleep laced with guilt, I reached work and once I got to my desk I sat there almost in a daze. My boss just came in and asked me how I was doing and I swear to you I replied with "Wha....um...er .....doing......oh....nothing.....oh wait.....how i'm doing.....i'm ok". And I'm pretty sure he realized the kind of state I was in because he just gave me some light stuff to do before lunch that should let me get out of this extended period of feeling groggy.

So it continues, Monday morning blues. Thankfully I'm not dozing off anymore, just hungry because I didn't have breakfast (where was the time considering I had just 10 minutes to get ready and get out of home). So now you realize why I was writing this entry, basically I was looking to do something that would keep me awake....haha.... Enjoy the rest of your week.

No comments: