Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Incredible

For a lot of people, this is old news, but while I knew what this was about, today was the first time I watched the below videos. So to the uninformed, an introduction.

Randolph Frederick Pausch(October 23, 1960 – July 25, 2008) was an American professor of computer science, human-computer interaction and design at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and a best-selling author who achieved worldwide fame for his "The Last Lecture" speech on September 18, 2007 at Carnegie Mellon. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Pausch)

So I just got his book titled The Last Lecture but I thought I'd first watch the videos. All I can say is, don't miss it. I could rave as much about this as I did for Dark Knight but I would be doing it no justice. Truly and awesomely inspiring and its a whole lot of fun as well. The stuff that he says makes so much sense and I could really relate the things he said (especially towards the end) and I feel that everyone could do with incorporating a little of what he said in their lives. Towards the end, the things he says are simple but at the same time I feel they're so important that I absolutely have to mention them.

-- loyalty is a two way street
-- help others
-- NEVER GIVE UP
-- decide if you want to be an "Eeyore" or a "Tigger" (Read as depressed or Fun loving)
-- believe in Karma
-- Brickwalls let us show our dedication

The first video below is the actual Last Lecture. The 2nd One is a second "last" lecture done after this at University of Virginia. A little long (a bit over an hour each) but trust me when I say it is worth every second of your time. If you can't see the videos below then you can also see them and other videos here http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/ .



No comments: